Tuesday, June 9, 2009

THINGS THAT I LOVE














































First and foremost, I love Jesus Christ, my savior. I know that in many ways I fail him but he never fails me. I do believe that over this past year he has been with us through many trials. We prayed for help in many ways and saw the Lord move. My husband was hurt at work but the Lord was always there for us financially and medically and most of all faithfully. I prayed for a baby, which I had longed for for quite some time, and I saw the Lord move. I want to give credit where credit is due. The Lord has truly blessed us in ways we do not deserve. I want to take this time to stand up for him.

I always have so many things I want to say but have a hard time putting them into words. I wanted to do this post on things I love, and of course wanted to start out with Jesus. Now here are a few things in my house that I love, different antique items and pieces of furniture. Now keep in mind I do like things that look a little rough or even have chippy paint on them.
The green chair I have had for quite a while and love, love, love the pain and color. The huge cabinet with the chicken coop on top I got last year at the US 23 yard sale. Needless to say I splurged on this cabinet and paid 500 bucks for it. I don't think I have ever paid that for 1 of my prized possessions. You see, I also like to get things cheap. The door was a find my husband brought home for me. He purchased this from a guy for 10 bucks. The guy could not believe we even wanted the door. The window frame from a local junk store for 2 bucks, and the ladder, well it came from a man's burn pile, so to speak. It was actually longer but he had burned part of it already. It is an old wooden ladder from the railroad.
The black cabinet is a piece of Attic Heirlooms furniture from Broyhill. I love this stuff although it is a bit pricey, and the wooden dough bowl on top, local flea market. Now that is a huge bowl. The butter worker on the table I bought way before Gage was born. Many people have wanted to buy this from me but I have never seen another 1 like it. The green window frame is from a house we flipped in the city of Louisa about 2 years ago (I will do a post about house flipping in the near future so stay tuned). There is my green paint again. LOVE IT! Finally the wooden carrying tray is still pretty dirty since I found it under an old house.
I love to buy things at auctions, flea markets and yard sales. So many times I end up with so much stuff that I do have to part with my things, but these are just a few of my favorite things that I have yet, and probably will not part with. Now there are many more things I love in my house but not enough room to even begin to post the pictures. Keep checking back for more updates, and if you have a chance, check out my site www.thedustyatticprimitives.com. This is still pretty new and we are still trying to add items for sale.
God Bless You,
Teresa


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails