Thursday, July 9, 2009

Christmas in July


Gage has wanted this lamp for a while, just too expensive.

Aidan does not look too thrilled with Santa, but it won't take him long to figure out what this is all about.











No, we are not having a sale here, just a few more pictures from our vacation to Pigeon Forge.

Gage is my Christmas man. He has always loved Christmas from the beginning of life. Now don't get me wrong when I say he likes the presents because he does, but actually likes all the decorations. He has always been in awe of Christmas lights. He loves to look at them and actually play with them. Yes, you heard me right. He would string them literally all over our house all year long. He kept them in neat little rolled up balls ready for decorating at just about any time. We would buy these on Ebay, yard sales, junk stores and even new ones when they were out. Christmas to him was a time to play. As you got older he started to want Christmas lights that were old, and many times we have obliged him by buying them for him. I figured no different than buying a toy. At least he played with the lights longer. I can remember many times for presents family members would buy him miniature Christmas trees and even boxes of lights. My mom did bring to my attention once that there was a lead warning on the lights, and that did freak me out a little bit, but he is fine.
Over the past few years he has gotten out of playing with the lights especially since he got his own laptop, the lights are not cool now, but he does help with all the decorations here, all 9 trees he feels we need. He still feels like everything has to be over the top when it comes to Christmas, and still enjoys looking at the lights each year. I just know that when he is older his house will be like the house on National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. And yes, he loves this movie. He just could never realize why we used light clips and did not staple our lights like Clark W. Grizwald. I have watched several Extreme Christmas shows on HGTV before, and a lot of these people started their decorating frenzy when they were younger so I know this will be Gage. He is destined to be on 1 of these shows.
These pictures are from Pigeon Forge at The Christmas Shop. He loves to go here and look, but this year he seemed a little less impressed. I knew this was coming, girls might be creeping into the picture, UGH!
Teresa

1 comment:

  1. OK I admit these pictures are very cute ... BUT ... being from MN where the temp this past January were NEGATIVE 41 I have NO desire to think about Christmas any time soon ... our weather just stinks around that time ... but I do ADMIT Aidan looks too cute with Santa!

    Have a great weekend!
    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails