Saturday, August 29, 2009

Who Needs Roosters


Wow, this is beginning to be a habit around here. Aidan up again at 4:24 this morning. Can someone tell him this is too early to be up and at it for the day. This baby has always been a good night sleeper just not so much during the day unless you hold him. I try very hard not to do this and actually lay him down, and whether he sleeps 10 minutes or 2 hours is okay with me so long as he sleeps at night. Granted we don't usually get much accomplished during the day but at least pretty much feel rested. I can remember saying a couple weeks ago I have not really been lacking that much sleep with Aidan since he sleeps good at night. At this age Gage was still getting up and I was pretty exhausted, but Gage would nap during the day, and my life was less hectic, only had 1 baby, smaller house and less of everything, and I napped with him to get caught up. I could not tell you the last time I napped with Aidan. I always have so much to do, and I think eventually our bodies get used to lack of sleep. Do you think? Can you actually get used to not getting any sleep? I think as women we are conditioned that way. Darrell can miss a few hours of sleep and be like, "man I am going to bed early early tonight." "I did not get any good sleep." And voila, he goes to bed, no quesetions asked. Me, still up until the kids are asleep.
I know many of you stay up late at night to get caught up on housework and stuff like that, but with school going on, I do have to get up at 6 every morning so it is not like I lay and sleep in all the time. Never have been that kind of person. And every day I tell myself I am going to stay up until about 1 and get a bunch of stuff accomplished, still not happening.
One thing about it, getting up this early does tend to get you motivated, at least after a Diet Pepsi or 2. That is like coffee to me, and I must have it!
So far today we have changed a poopie diaper. By the way, who poops at 4:30 a.m.? And, we have folded a load of laundry, made bottles for the day, put more laundry in the washer, checked my email, started to work my job, brushed my teeth (maybe that should have been at the top of the list), scanned blogs I like to read for new posts, written this post, found out D.J. AM is dead (whole different topic and post here), wrote this post, got Aidan back to sleep at 5:30 a.m. and put him in the bed with his daddy (and yes, we do co-sleep), and found out that Shark has a new vacuum cleaner out they compare to the Dyson. I don't quite possibly see how, but they say so, and I did watch the infomercial and it all looked good to me. Maybe I will order this. Do you guys watch this stuff? Seems like that is all that is on in the wee hours of the morning before the sun rises. They can be real convincing. Matter of fact, a well-known meat company came to my mom's house the other day, and I was NOT going to buy anything from him. I was going to stand my ground. I am too tight with money for this stuff. Man, he was a cross between Tony Little and Billy Mays, looked more like Tony Little, no pony tail though and no muscles, but his face, but sounded like Billy Mays. You know I did not walk out of there with a box of chicken and a box of steak. I mean, come on, who buys that much meat. LOL!
The picture at the top is what 4:30 in the morning looks like at my house. After I fed him, I put him in there to make bottles and at least go to the bathroom.
Teresa

2 comments:

  1. WowTeresa! That meat guy is definitely making the rounds in Lawrence county this week. He was here in Mattie Thursday. Same guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cutie pie your guy is. four thirty! yikes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails