Monday, August 17, 2009

Mexican Cornbread Anyone!

This is my mother-in-law's recipe for Mexican/Western Cornbread. This is tried and true, and we love it, well Gage and I as Darrell does not like spicy food or anything with onions in it.

This is by far the best Mexican cornbread I have ate.

3 cups self rising flour
3 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup cooking oil, she prefers Wesson
1-2/3 cup sweet milk
3 eggs
1 to 7 hot peppers diced fine, depending on how hot you want it. I usually use about 5.
1-1/2 cup cheddar cheese or longhorn cheese (shredded)
1 can cream style corn
1 onion diced.

Mix all this together. Bake 400 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes in a greased 9 x 13 pan.

My mother-in-law could probably make this blindfold, but me, I have to pull out my recipe every time.

I don't have any pics as we did not have this for supper this evening. Instead we had fried tilapia, corn, green beans and good ole' mac and cheese, a must for every meal at our house. Besides cereal, I think my family could live on mac and cheese.

Enjoy!
Teresa


MckLinky Blog Hop

3 comments:

  1. I have copied and saved the recipe. It is chili season here so you can smell wonderful roasting chili everywhere.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails